Please read our Terms and Conditions carefully before proceeding to register and bid.
Introduction of the POPI Act – 1st July 2021
Dear Valued client,
We are grateful that you have taken the time to register and bid on our site , however, due to the POPI Act which comes into effect on the 1st July 2021, we would like to make sure that you are happy to continue doing so.
The POPIA law is designed to protect how companies use, store and process your data. You can read the full details on the act here: https://popia.co.za/
Martin Auctioneers will never share your email address or contact details with anyone, and we do not utilise any bulk mailer systems.
If you are happy to remain registered then no action is required. If you would like to De-register, please send an email to email@example.com with your user name in the subject line.
Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions.
Terms and Conditions
- All good are sold voetstoots. Each and every lot will be sold as is, where is, with no guarantees or warranties, express or implied. All information given is done in good faith.
- We strongly recommend viewing of items prior to bidding, so as to avoid any disappointment or confusion. The buyer is responsible for checking the goods and in making a bid shall be deemed to have made themselves fully acquainted with the goods for which he bids.
- Please note that only EFT payments, Cash or cash deposits into our bank, and credit/debit cards are accepted. No cheques are accepted under any circumstances.
- Purchase prices are all inclusive.
- Purchases will only be released once the buyer’s payment reflects in our bank account. No exceptions will be made under any circumstances.
- All payments to be made within 24 hrs of the auction closing – no exceptions. Failure to do so will result in account removal and costs incurred.
- All items purchased to be collected within two (2) days following the closure of the auction. Storage fees will apply if not collected in allocated time.
- Only registered buyers are permitted to bid on an auction. Any person intending to bid must register first.
- No cancellations of purchases are permitted. Please do not bid unless you intend to pay and collect should you be the highest bidder.
- Once the auction has finished, the item is deemed to have been sold to the highest bidder.
- If an item has been listed twice by mistake, the highest bidder of either post is deemed to be the winning bidder.
- Please ensure you have a TV license when bidding on TV’s.
- Subject to change without prior notice.